Haveli of Prince Nau Nihal Singh
This lofty Haveli is reckoned among the most magnificent buildings of the city of Lahore. It was built by Nau Nihal Singh, son of Maharaja Kharak Singh as his private residence. It contains numerous spacious chambers, halls and balconies. The ceilings are decorated with paintings and mirrors, and are worked in gold. The walls are richly and tastefully ornamented with glasses and painted flowers. The Haveli was taken over by the British Government when Punjab was annexed in 1849 and converted into the first public school for girls. The back side is richly decorated with stucco carving.